The PNG Institute of Medical Research is a statutory authority of the Government of Papua New Guinea. Its mission is to conduct research into the major health problems of PNG and support the development of health services. The Institute currently has a position vacancy at its Madang Branch and is calling for suitably qualified and experienced applicants to fill immediately.
Entomology Facilities Manager
The Entomology Facilities Manager will be responsible for assisting with project management and administrative tasks such as tracking progress against specific milestones, project stock management, procurement, financial monitoring, travel and laboratory OHS, and overseeing the construction and renovation of entomology Laboratory facilities, including liaising with and coordinating contractors.
The ideal candidate should have the following;
- University degree in the field/s relevant to administration/management, Project Management, Facilities Management, Public Health or related fields.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in project management and implementation
- Experience in working with a team of national and international stakeholders
- Capacity to coordinate construction and renovation works of research or other facilities
- Experience with working in a research environment
- Excellent administrative, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent financial and contract management skills, including budget preparation, monitoring, acquittal and report preparation
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills including cross-cultural teams and overseas collaborators
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently exercising strong judgment, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Experience in recruitment and contracting
- Excellent computer skills, including experience working with databases
Only suitably qualified and experienced candidates should apply for this position. Please forward all applications and current CV to:
Human Resources Officer
PNG Institute of Medical Research
P.O. Box 378
Papua New Guinea
Email: [email protected]
Other information can be obtained online: http://www.pngimr.org.pg
Informal enquiries can be directed to: [email protected]
Application closes on Monday, 13th July 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.